Friday, January 20, 2012

Smitten With the Mitten



I am pleased to announce that three of my photos have been chosen to be included in the "Smitten with the Mitten: Everything Michigan" Art Exhibition.

It runs February 3-29, in the Leopard Lounge at the Louis Benton Steakhouse in downtown Grand Rapids. Click on the link (for hours and directions only, they are unable to answer inquiries about the exhibit), and plan on making a visit to see some really beautiful work featuring our great state!

If you let me know in advance, I would be happy to make arrangements to meet you and your party there if my schedule allows, but as of right now there are no set dates/times when I will be in attendance beyond the opening.

I would also like to take this opportunity to extend my gratitude to Mary Lou Anderson, who has generously offered to underwrite the majority of my costs associated with this event. Her support is greatly appreciated!

7 comments:

-K- said...

Jeez louise - what wonderful thing. One photo would be an hnor but three....There must be hundreds of photographers in MI and thousands of photos to choose from.

I hope you post at least one of the photos that will be in the show. (Or were they linked in what I just read?)

But again, I'm very happy for you.

Jonderson said...

You are absolutely right, K. It is an honor, and there are tons of good photographers around here. It is a very pretty state, with a lot to offer in terms of subject matter.

One of the photographs to be shown is in my "Places and Objects" gallery, "Sunrise at Sutton's Bay". The other two are images which have not been posted or shown anywhere before. For that reason, I will likely not post copies of them here until after the show has ended.

Anonymous said...

This is news I like to hear! You are a fantastic talent, and I can't wait to see more of your work!

-David

Chris & Nancy said...

Awesome! We will definitely come down to see it. Are the exhibit pieces going to be for sale as well?

Jonderson said...

Yes, I believe all the exhibition entries will be for sale, Chris.

Larry Schantz said...

Looking forward to seeing this collection, and am glad to see that you in particular are going to be a part of it. You do some really beautiful work!

-K- said...

"Sunset at Sutton's Bay" - easy to see why it was chosen. Gorgeous work.