Wednesday, April 1, 2020

April 2020: Isolation


Like most people, I have found myself contemplating the subject of isolation lately. In this regard I find myself lucky. I live in a remote area, spend a lot of time away from people, and so the adjustment to the "stay-at-home" order currently in force here has been easier for me than a lot of folks.

By the way, the woods is a great place to go if you are concerned about social distancing and still want to get out of the house for some fresh air. It is the perfect time of year to be in the woods here in MI as it is warm enough to be enjoyable, but still too cold for mosquitoes.

Today I was out in the woods in back of my house and came across this little mushroom growing right out of the end of a broken twig, about 4 feet off the ground.  Talk about isolated!

Hopefully you are all well, and dealing with this pandemic with grace and prudence, as well as no small amount of patience and consideration for others. Like that little mushroom, isolated, yet an integral and important part of the forest as a whole, we in our own isolation remain an integral part of  humanity, as well as the giant organism of life on this planet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say that I love the composition of your photos. The angles in particular. You beat the "rule of thirds" senseless!

Jonderson said...

I am so sorry I took so long responding to this, I didn't see the comment in the approval queue!
Thanks for the comment! It is a good rule, and I do enjoy coming up with fun and creative ways to implement it, although sometimes there are shots which simply call for it to be thrown out the window. I am a fan of triangles though, and even when the rule of thirds is out I still try to sneak in a triangle or two somewhere in the shot. :)